Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nds 3 - RR 2

2 posters

Go down

Ladies 2nds 3 - RR 2 Empty Ladies 2nds 3 - RR 2

Post  Val Cole Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:11 am

NO CAPTAINS-NO LEADERS-11 HEROS

With Captain invincible taking a weekend off for a jolly and Shezza sidelined nursing stiches(though I did see a 5 min cameo in the first half)we had to field a different team today and showed a great deal of versitility in the squad. With several of us nursing injuries we faced a dangerous and skillful RR team,who scored against the run of play,with a good break in the opening 10 minutes. This woke us up and with Collette and Lucy in more defensive roles than normal we began to pass the ball better and Jan scored a well deserved equaliser. We then had a good spell of pressure and were unlucky not to score off a run of penalty corners. Just before half time Teressa put us in the lead with a very cleverly taken reverse stick goal after great work down the right by Gemma("I'm going to be late as I need a cup of tea in bed!")

This led to a very positive and upbeat half time team talk. The second half started as the first ended with a very even game but our midfield just the stronger. Another penalty corner was well worked and scored by Lucy. RR then came back and earned several penalty corners themselves, one of which they converted, but we were very pleased to see it disallowed. They did score towards the end to set up a very tense final 10 minutes but we held on and were unlucky not to add to our total.

Yet again we were grateful that Ellie (Micra driver) had a brilliant game in goal, saving our skins on several occassions and she deservedly won M.O.M. but this was a game of 11 heroes. Well played all. I hope Captain is pleased with us.

We had good vocal support on the side-line and excellent advice from Ian and Phil, this really helps folks so thank you all.
Val Cole
Val Cole

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds 3 - RR 2 Empty Re: Ladies 2nds 3 - RR 2

Post  nigel Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:00 am

Many congrats for the win today ladies. SmileSmile always a tricky game against RR, so well done.

Keep up the hard work and the winning ways. To see you play midlands next season will be fantastic for you and the club. SmileSmileSmile

Nigel
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down