Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nds - 2 games = 2 wins

2 posters

Go down

Ladies 2nds - 2 games = 2 wins Empty Ladies 2nds - 2 games = 2 wins

Post  cfeeney Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi

I have treied to write the report from yesterdays match but to be honest I couldnt remember much about the game other than it was hot!!! So Ian has wrote the report for me, enjoy.......

Again, what an amazing team effort under some extreme temperatures! Both teams set out their store early on with Derby looking lively in attack and Wulfric being penned back early on. As the pressure mounted on Wulfric, a few early chances went begging and their defence stood firm......for a while. Jan got the ball rolling (excuse the pun) as she squeezed the ball in from close range. Buoyed by the first goal Derby got hungry and went looking for the second which came a short time later as the balled was quickly moved from defence down the left with some neat intricate passing which led to Colette driving the ball into the D and even a defender trying to stand her ground could not stop her run although the defender did end upon the floor, a good advantage from the umpire ted to Tracey tucking the ball way. This was then followed by a second for Jan giving the team a 3-0 half time lead.

The second half saw Wulfric push forward a lot more but the defence stood strong together with some great marking and even better tackling which gave the rest of the team the capacity and base to push forward. It took a while but the fourth goal eventually came after some strong passing a moving from the midfield led to Anna having the ball in a great position to shoot only to miscue her shot, however ever the opportunist, Jan nipped in before the keeper to complete a well deserved hat trick. Anna went on to make amends by taking on a couple of defenders and then walking the ball coolly around the keeper before calmly rolling the ball across the line (she assured me it was a tight angle and she didn’t fancy missing!).

So a well deserved 5 – 0 win leaves them having played 2and won 2, a fantastic game to watch, keep it up girls.

Ian

cfeeney

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds - 2 games = 2 wins Empty Wining ways

Post  Joanna Mullis Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Well Done Team !

Another lesson in team work dealt to the opposition... how to look lively and play good hockey in hot temperatures.
Whilst they did a lot to undo themselves, we showed that we are a great unit and can even play to each others strengths !

Well done Colette on MOM, I loved the pass you slipped me which set me off on the RW to put the ball into the D which lead to a goal, it cut the defence in two creating a great opportunity for the forwards ! Think getting your other half to write your match report deserves a fine though ! lol

Great effort again girls xxx

Joanna Mullis
Joanna Mullis

Back to top Go down