Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Men's 1st v Daventry 1st- A new Captain Marvel emerges!

5 posters

Go down

Derby Men's 1st v Daventry 1st- A new Captain Marvel emerges!  Empty Derby Men's 1st v Daventry 1st- A new Captain Marvel emerges!

Post  Journo1 Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:32 am

Blood, sweat and grit were on the menu, as Derby showed they could match any team if they are determined and get their teeth stuck in. A tough week for all of the men's teams, saw the 1st team missing 10 players! So a big thank you for all the help of the captains and players who helped Derby field three teams this week. This win is for you.

A difficult game was envisaged before push back. But the emergence of a future 1st team captain and superb vice captain Rob Howarth gave Derby a quality win. The inspired selection of Simon (playing in the 4th team!) and the persuasion of father Will to come out of retirement provide pivotal. The returning Adam Walford also added a spark in midfield which Derby lacked in the previous week. Rob and Will Howarth looked more like Brain Clough and Peter Taylor, as they put their plans into motion before the game, changing the formation and giving their instructions.

A weakened Derby side on paper took on Daventry, who had won their last three games. In a bruising encounter it was Derby who managed to claim all three points. After an excellent start Derby took a shock lead, Adam Walford popping up on the back post to sweep the ball home- only his second game of the season. A dubious equaliser seemed to knock Derby's confidence even though they had been defending doggedly; well marshaled by the experienced Will Howarth who ordered, tackled and marked in a incredible performance. Adam and Ross battled throughout and showed their defensive quality. Derby players put their bodies on the line throughout the match, Ben Taylor throwing himself heroically in the way to stop a sure goal. A swollen knee anticipated in the morning. However, they were breached just before the half time whistle, Daventry's main idiotic player riling all Derby players following the goal, with his comments. Which left Derby trailing 2-1.

Arousing team talk, courtesy of Will, during the break instilled a new belief in the Derby side. Again Asterdale scored early in the second half, Kyle Sev with a brilliant dribbling run had his shot saved but it fell to Adam Walford who turned sharply, rounded the goalkeeper and slotted into the empty net. Derby were flying and took advantage of the ill discipline in the Daventry ranks, following the sending off of their striker, which was sweet revenge for all his comments and fouls during the match. Adam Walford claiming his hat trick with a carbon copy of his first goal sweeping home at the back post, after excellent work from the injured Matt Hexter who was full of running despite his calf strain. Daventry were lucky to escape with a one goal defeat. A flurry of short corners saw Taylor's beautiful struck shot hit a players foot on the line, only for the umpires to play on and not award the flick. All in all, a brilliant performance throughout the team, midfield always back to defend and the strikers always free to find. Congratulations Rob on a fine job done.

Final score Derby 3 Daventry 2.

MoM- Adam Walford- right place right time every time.
DoD- Rambo- not understanding measurements in the game. 5 yards means 5 yards.

Rob
Ben-Will-Adam-Ross
Rambo-Simon-Walford-Hexter
Kyle-Dave
Sub- Matt Parker

Journo1

Back to top Go down

Derby Men's 1st v Daventry 1st- A new Captain Marvel emerges!  Empty Re: Derby Men's 1st v Daventry 1st- A new Captain Marvel emerges!

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:33 am

Well done guys, a great win despite all the players missing.

I blew as good as I could today and thought I got most calls right. the 1st goal I was totally unsighted and received no call from the other umpire who had the better view so I had to let play go on, as for the stroke all I saw was the foot from teh defender and the keeper behind him, again no signal from the other umpire so another corner was given.

I put off going to Cannock this afternoon as planned and I did what I could, I hope it helped with you not having to remove a player to umpire due to the clerical error of NOT having appointed umpires.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Derby Men's 1st v Daventry 1st- A new Captain Marvel emerges!  Empty Re: Derby Men's 1st v Daventry 1st- A new Captain Marvel emerges!

Post  KellyO Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Well played today all. what i saw of the game was enjoyable and you all played your socks off. well done.
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:00 pm

10 first team players unavailable ??? You may have to reconsider team selection if players can get results like this lol! Well played lads fantastic effort.

bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Journo1 Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Thank you Andy for umpiring, I was only messing about the short corner was gutted as it will probably my only chance to score this season.lol! You have been easily one of best umpires we have had this season. So thank you for getting us out of a hole. We owe you one.

Journo1

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Taylor Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 am

A beer will do buddy lol
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  hagrid Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:40 am

Daventry's report is on their website daventryhc.com I'd post a link but forum won't let me. Well played on Saturday everyone, and thanks Andy for helping out.

hagrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down