Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 1sts V Derby Uni

Go down

Mens 1sts V Derby Uni Empty Mens 1sts V Derby Uni

Post  will Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:30 am

This game was interesting to say the least. As said after the match we had the whole set, lots of greens (i lost count), 3 yellows and a red. Including a first ever card (which happened to be a yellow) for me. Leaving the cards alone for a second, the other main events of match, to which there weren't many. Derby Uni applied the early pressure and deservedly took the lead from a short corner. However, what they weren't banking on was a quick response on our part. Mark scored a quick equaliser, then straight from the restart we intercepted their push back and some clever one-twos between Nick and Mark (see, the warm up does come in handy) led to us taking a 2-1 lead. Then the umpires played there part by brandishing cards nearly every time they blew their whistle. The matched reached farcical level when the umpire decided to yellow card a Uni left winger for a foul that happened at the right midfield posistion. At this point, Nick also got yellow carded for excessive use of elbows I think but I can't be sure as i had lost track of all what was happening. But, I do know that with 30 seconds to go a Uni player got yellowed then red carded for swearing. After a lengthy discussion between the umpire and Derby Uni it was decided they were going to lodge an appeal against the decision.

will

Back to top Go down