Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASTERDALE 2NDS 5 - WULFRIC 2

Go down

ASTERDALE 2NDS 5 - WULFRIC 2 Empty ASTERDALE 2NDS 5 - WULFRIC 2

Post  Val Cole Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:47 am

Laughing

Well the season came to an end today, and although the league was already won, we wanted to go out in style. A determined 12 took to the pitch (after just a few problems: no parking places, Ellie detouring down the A6 on the way to the Bonny Prince, and Tracey hitting a post in the car park) An iffy warm up (what do you expect without Caroline and Jan to keep us in line!) but we were ready.

A bright start lead to our 1st penalty corner which Beth dispatched with no problem. Then Tracey dominated the D and following strong play by Lucy, Sue and Gill scored a well deserved hat-trick (if you want more details I'm sure she will talk you through them at the end of season dinner. However keep your distance if either she or T (left, left, left) are drinking tea!) Anna rounded off a very strong mid-field performance with a goal, again ably supported by Lucy (whose best effort of the match was staying on her feet after an attrocious foul from a desperate Wulfric defender.) Towards the end concentration waned and Wulfric scored a consolation goal,(it didn't count as I wasn't on the pitch at the time!) but at this point we were home and dry and 5 points clear at the top of Div.1

Claire was playing her usual solid "They shall not pass" game and prevented many attacks down the left, and Gill was her normal solid influence in front of the back 3. Rachel stepped in to help out and coped really well in many different positions, while Heather played her usual solid hard tackling game to keep the pressure off our backs.

Thanks to Phil for umpiring again and for all your help during the season. Also thanks to our fan club, even if Stuart did only turn up to check on where Sue was and if she had managed to get the new car there safely. I gather Lucy had a new car too. We may not be the best team in Midlands but with the addition of Ellie's NEW motor we will be a force to reckon with in the car park. (Just as long as obstacles are moved away from the T car)

MOM votes were deservedly well spread, and while I'm sure some of you thought Shez was the best player, actually she had deserted us to spend a weekend with Dave! Anna, Tracey and Claire deservedly shared this honour today, our glory day.

Well done everyone who has played 2nd team hockey this season. A joy to be a part of this team, and with Liverpool winning today my life is Rosy. Bring on summer league.
Val Cole
Val Cole

Back to top Go down