Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thank you from Andy Taylor

2 posters

Go down

A thank you from Andy Taylor Empty A thank you from Andy Taylor

Post  Andy Taylor Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:12 am

A thank you from Andy Taylor Img_3015

Good Morning all,

Well it’s Monday morning and back to work time, but before I go I wanted to post a quick thank you.

Receiving the Club Person of the Year award on Saturday was such an honour for me its difficult to put into words how it feels but I will give it a go.

I fell out of love with Hockey a few years ago after some very negative experiences at other clubs, but thanks to a chance meeting with a certain Marie Dymond and her crew of motley Hockey players I began to realise that maybe I could begin to enjoy the sport again, and boy have I.

Its been a roller coaster of a ride over the past 5 years but one I wouldn’t change for the world.

There’s been so much hard work put in, I think if people actually knew the amount of planning, preparation, late nights, travelling, organisation and much more that’s been included they would be shocked.

To me the team is everything and at the end of every season my ladies give me their true heart felt thanks, but this year to be recognised by the club as a whole is a treasure I will never forget.

We have a wonderful club run by a small group of dedicated people who need your help. The club is developing strongly as was shown by the 3 promotions this season but with growth comes more organisation required, more help needed.

Gill Howarth is an unbelievable individual and really should win Club Person of the Year every year for all she does, but Gill, Chairwoman Janice and all the other current committee members need help in pushing the club forward. Why not just give them a call to see how YOU can help OUR club.

I would also just like to say that yes its true, the Ladies 1st XI under my coaching have achieved some remarkable things, staying in Midlands with a paper thin squad for 4 years is fantastic, the games against Australia and England with Wales to come in Cardiff this summer is something that just a small time ago would have been beyond anyone’s wildest dreams, but its not about any individual, its about a team of people acting as one.

We have proven what can be achieved with commitment to each other and the club, my hope is that others within the Asterdale family can take a similar approach to ourselves and find out just how far they too can go, something both the Ladies 2’s under Caroline and Sheridan along with the Ladies 3’s under Rachel have both experienced this season as shown by their respective promotions.

It’s a privilege to be a part of this club and I am still in a bit of shock at receiving Saturdays Club Person award, but with humble gratitude I do thank you.

The award will sit VERY proudly in my cabinet FRONT AND CENTRE.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

A thank you from Andy Taylor Empty Re: A thank you from Andy Taylor

Post  RachB Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am

Congratulations Andy! I know how much hard work and time you've put in this season - half of it was probably taken up with me going on, and on, and on on the phone Surprised

I definitely second what you said about Gill, she gives so much to the club and on top of that she does a great deal for the Derbyshire League. She's been a real help to me this season!

It's been an amazing season for the club and next season promises to be even better. We have the Olympics to look forward to this summer. With Team GB looking good for medals; interest in hockey is likely to be higher than ever. The England Hockey Board has lots of initiatives that are being pushed over the summer, it would be great if the club could get on board with these and make the most of the increased interest.

For the above reason we are planning on running a Back to Hockey initiative over the summer for ladies aged 16 and over - more details will follow as I have them.

See you all the AGM, I might just have recovered from Saturday night by then Wink

RachB

Back to top Go down