Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men's 3rd's v Daventry 3rd's, 12/01/2008

Go down

Men's 3rd's v Daventry 3rd's, 12/01/2008 Empty Men's 3rd's v Daventry 3rd's, 12/01/2008

Post  Chris Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:03 am

This week saw a marked improvement from last with our players applying plenty of pressure to the opposition and not letting them take 16's quickly. Despite many chances, the accuracy was just not there and something was missing up front. I partly blame myself as I have been trying to move some players around to try to get more goals. In the end the goal was scored from a penalty flick that was taken by Des Pope.

Although it would have been easy for our players to have let frustration get the better of them, Derby played a patient game which seemed to be the key to our game that day. The players in the pub after the game thought I should get man of the match for my efforts, but my personal choice would be Mike Stott. Mike managed to position himself well for passes and was always calling for the ball, which is something we need to encourage in our team.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down