Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 2nds v Worksop

Go down

Mens 2nds v Worksop Empty Mens 2nds v Worksop

Post  Will4 Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 am

I'm not sure I can take much more of this....
They say the sign of a good team is that they can win even when they are playing badly - on todays performance we must be a fantastic side because we scaped a 1-0 win against a Worksop side who pushed us all the way and never really let us get into our stride. Our passing was consistently poor (hands up from the Captain leading from the front on that one!) BUT we battled, the defence particularly Greg and Adam snuffed out any real threat from Worksop, and looking back on the game, once Jamroz snuck in our goal midway through the first half, even though we kept giving them the ball, fortunately they didn't have the fire power to really threaten.
So - still everything to play for - apparently Newark beat the Students today so unless their hangovers last for 3 weeks they will almost certainly win the league now. Which leaves our game against the Students in 2 weeks time looking like the decider for the other promotion slot.
I'm off now to lie down in a darkened room and count the increasing number of grey hairs

Will4

Back to top Go down