Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men's 2nds v Buxton

Go down

Men's 2nds v Buxton Empty Men's 2nds v Buxton

Post  Will4 Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:21 am

Headache? tense nervous headache? you've obviously been watching the 2nds again!
Well we did it again, made things very difficult for ourselves but came away with a 2-1 win at a very blustery Buxton. To be fair this was never going to be easy as Buxton usually play well at home, no doubt helped by playing on one the bumpiest and hardest pitches in the league. Based on the aches and pains as I type this I think if I had to play on that pitch every other week I'd have retired years ago (though there are those that would say I should have done that anyway!)
Buxton started brightly and but for some excellent saves from man of the match Lee could well have taken the lead. However, the omnipotent (well you started it Caroline!) Richard scored on the break to give us a half time lead - when he added a second from a short corner with 20 minutes to go it looked like we could relax but a well taken flick from a Buxton short corner led to a nervous last 10 minutes.
So the season reaches a crescendo next week with the visit of Leicester Students a real 6 pointer - if we lose we can't get promoted, a draw would leave it out of our hands requiring the students to mess up in their last game (unlikely) so basically we need a win and then beat Rolls Royce in our last game to secure promotion.
It's a 1.30 start at Wilsthorpe so if anyone fancies coming down to give us a cheer they'd be very welcome

Will4

Back to top Go down