Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position

+5
KellyO
Anna
Admin
cfeeney
Val Cole
9 posters

Go down

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position Empty Ladies 2nd team maintain top position

Post  Val Cole Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 am

Ladies 2nds hit Belper 4ths for six (well, 10 actually, but that doesn't scan).

Back to one of our ex home grounds, we gathered at Woodlands soon after dawn on Saturday morning.

Though well in control of the game, it took us over 20 minutes to score a goal, and then the flood gates opened. Honours were shared with Michelle and Val getting five from penalty corners, and Janice, Lynne, Tracy and Duracell Jenny sharing five from open play. With Elly not touching the ball and Hilary suffering frostbite at the back, it shows how well we dominated the game.

As always Captain Caroline (small balls) led by example (though it was a good job none of us followed her when she ran into a football goal during the warm-up!) With Gill, Julie-Ann and Sheridan working tirelessly in midfield, this was a good all-round team performance, especially considering we have Sue, Collette and Jo sidelined with injuries.

Thanks to David, our ever reliable umpire and the only one who seems able to keep the score in this type of game. Thanks also to the ever present fan club (especially Luke who even got a man of the match vote for his efforts).

One to go girls. Bring on them 'Munchkins'.

Congratulations to the Ladies 1st team who in 5th position have secured Midlands hockey for another season. Also well done to the 3rd team who notched up a great home win on Saturday against Staveley 2nds. What a great weekend for the Ladies section
Val Cole
Val Cole

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position Empty Well done girls

Post  cfeeney Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 am

Well done girls, another great result, gutted I wasn't playing and sorry I wasn't there to watch (work commitments) Val, I heard your shots were like bullets!!! Sounded like a great team effort, im sure everyone played a part in the goals.

I will be back, although probably on the sidelines, watching next weeks win.

Colette

cfeeney

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position Empty Re: Ladies 2nd team maintain top position

Post  Admin Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Wow, 10 - 0....bet that showed Belper that they should't take our 2nd's lightly. Get in there.

Well done all and good luck for Saturday Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position Empty Re: Ladies 2nd team maintain top position

Post  Anna Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks Val!
And congratulations on an excellent result!!
Good luck next week!!
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Nice one seconds and thirds. I mirror Vals sentiments, good weekend had by all

xxx
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 pm

Well done girls - what a great win! Good luck for Saturday , you deserve to win the league!
Also, well done to the 3rds - you looked awsome against Staveley and fully deserved the win.
A fantastic weeknd for the whole of the Ladies section last week, now lets all finish the season in style!

Marie
xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position Empty ooops we did it again!

Post  mansmichelle Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:22 pm

What can I say, yet another fantastic win.
Great report Val, think maybe you missed out a few vital details i.e. who got a unanimous man of the match and scored a hat trick and more?
It was a great game again; we all supported each other and were supported well from the sidelines. Jo did a Stirling job of sorting the subs and supporting the team as did Sue, Gill's mum and also Ady and Luke later in freezing conditions.

One to go and another early start, we will be missing our amazing umpire but I am sure we will rise to the challenge again and convincingly finish top of the league where we deserve to be.

It really has been a pleasure this season and the team spirit is never failing, which is what has set us apart from the other teams that we have faced. Let’s keep it going and role on Saturday.

mansmichelle

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position Empty Re: Ladies 2nds maintain top position

Post  DWS Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:26 pm

As always this season you all have played with high spirits and it has been a pleasure to umpire for you. I'm glad you find my umpiring amazing to!!
After the disappointment of last season we have certainly shown the bouncebackability with some fantastic team performances.

Good luck for Saturday, finish it off in style Laughing

DWS

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nd team maintain top position Empty Nice one

Post  Annie Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 am

Well done 2nds & well done all Ladies teams. 2nd time this season all ladies win. I like it.

xxx
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down