Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies' Second Team Report 09/02/08

Go down

Ladies' Second Team Report 09/02/08 Empty Ladies' Second Team Report 09/02/08

Post  CarolineT Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:51 am

Derby 3- 0 Belper

There was no keeping the massive smiles off the faces of this victorious second team as they pulled it together with team work, excellent communication and silky smooth skills. With the gutsy gaffer Gill guarding her garrison greatly (I'll stop that now) and Hills standing firm as ever, the Belper team never really looked dangerous.
Sheridan set the tone early on with a splendid shot and continued, alongside Rachel and Collette, to create lots of movement in the mid-field. The energy expelled by these and the rest of the team was extremely impressive and left the opposition wanting.
The second goal came from a superb sixteen by Hills which was picked up by Helena who shimmied her way through the defense and forced an own goal. It was a pleasure to see Helena back to her superb form!
Finally, after a succession of cheeky runs by Donna, she booted the ball mercilessly from a short corner situation ensuring Derby's impressive win.
Other individual performances worth mentioning would be the cool, calm Lynn in defense, Sarah, who battled tenaciously at the heels of the defenders and Sue who, alongside Julianne, created a plethora of opportunities up the right.
Oh and of course, Kay added her usual glamour and I like to think I added my own 'flash' with my attention to style over substance!
Well done ladies! Bring on the next match!!!!

CarolineT

Back to top Go down