Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies' Second Team Report 05/01/08

2 posters

Go down

Ladies' Second Team Report 05/01/08 Empty Ladies' Second Team Report 05/01/08

Post  CarolineT Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:17 am

At long last the Second team's scoreline reflects the playing in the game - 7- 3!
The opposition were the first to score as Derby made a hesitant - who overindulged at Christmas?- start. Thankfully Kay returned the score to a level position and the fire was ignited!
Two beautiful goals were then slammed in by Tarin, assisted with one by a stunning cross from the Governor, Gill!
Marie responded to this with an exhibition style pair of goals using her silky smooth (defending) skills to make the scoreline look extremely impressive.
Unfortunately Matlock shattered our smug complacency with a goal from a corner and one in open play but these seemed to be just the catalysts Derby needed and Gemma finished a sensational run down the wing with a breathtaking back board breaker.
The lid was finally nailed shut by Caroline (me) who was set up beautifully by Marie at the top of the D.
Overall a cracking performance against a gritty young team to begin 2008 and the Second Team Rise to the top!

Thanks to both umpires (/ super coach), Dan and all our loyal and delectable supporters.
See you at training!
;D

CarolineT

Back to top Go down

Ladies' Second Team Report 05/01/08 Empty Great Win

Post  Andy Taylor Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:34 am

I just wanted to briefly add my congratulations on your 1st win of the season and the superb manner of your victory.

It was an absolute pleasure to umpire you and I look forward to seeing more of you when possible during the 2nd 1/2 of the season.

I do have commitments to both the Ladies and Mens 1st XI's but please be assured I will do my best to be there to support you when I can.

Keep it up. Smile

Andy Taylor
Coach
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down