Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a day for the ladies to sieze their destinies - go get them girls

Go down

a day for the ladies to sieze their destinies - go get them girls Empty a day for the ladies to sieze their destinies - go get them girls

Post  ali kerr Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:56 am

So today it is an important day for the ladies teams- as the second and third teams go out poised to make their leagues their own, the firsts go out for their final game of the season which started so well.......

True to form I turn to music to lament our change in circumstances, and draw upon a song from the blockbuster musical CHESS, and a duo peformed to acclaim by Elaine page and Barbara Dickson " Nothing is so good it lasts eternally, perfect situations must go wrong...... but wasn't it good, wasn't it fine ... isn't it madness this seasons not ours.... ( poetic licence).

However, this lament does not acknowledge what has been great about this season, the positives ( of which there are many) - but we too will go out with pride today, and go out together focussed and a team as usual. This brings me onto my second choice of song - a rally to spur all teams on today which comes from an unlikely source - but I've been saving this one up to raise a few smiles...... THE FROG CHORUS:

" Win or lose, sink or swim, one thing is certain we never give in, side by side, arm in arm, we all stand together"

Good luck girls today. 2nd's - go take Belper by storm, 3's go out their and show Staveley why you are the best team in the league - we'll be cheering you all on today ..... Go get them girls.
lol ali bounce Very Happy

ali kerr

Back to top Go down