Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Girls just want to have fun" Cyndi Lauper

2 posters

Go down

"Girls just want to have fun"  Cyndi Lauper  Empty "Girls just want to have fun" Cyndi Lauper

Post  Val Cole Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 am

GIRLS HAVING FUN

Well here we go again. No league game but instead of our pub/stroll around Shardlow we picked up a friendly against Amber Valley Hornets 2nds in a foreign place called Ripley. Haven't played there since the early 80s(remember Charles Hill playing fields Marie or are you not old enough? Jan and Sue both remembered!)

We played an attacking 1st half with 10 players and a formation that seemed to leave their center forward free most of the time! Then it became a race between T, Gill and myself as to who could get back to her first. Mostly we succeeded and it is a great fitnesss training idea but perhaps not to be recommended next week. The one time we missed her and she ran free Ellie came out and took the ball well (what happened next I don't know but seemed to involve the two of them rolling around on the floor for a while!) With a great deal of space and some good passing the goals came from al directions wiyh Sue opening the scoring, Val converting a penalty corner and Jan and Tracey(with an e) making it 4-0 at half time.

At this point Rachel arrived from her game(depressed by dropping 2 points today but as always ready for another game). At last we had someone to mark that forward player meaning not so much running and Gill able to move forward and take off her Muppet shoes and play her usual strong roll (even making a goal, Tracey's 2nd). With Gemma and Shez playing really well on the right (good job, as Val now was wearing the Muppet shoes and seeing how many times she could pass to the opposition, sorry Gem they were all passes meant for you) it was time to add two more goals with Jan and Gemma getting one each.

Man of the match votes spread between Gemma, Jan, Shez and Tracey but was won by the ever calm, commanding presence of Captain Marvel, sorry, Caroline ( how do you find so much space on the pitch?)

Thanks to Hornets for providing two umpires, and excellent hot pork cobs, and Megan for supporting and acting as my ball-boy through the 2nd half. With Matlock dropping points today next weeks game is looking very interesting.
Val Cole
Val Cole

Back to top Go down

"Girls just want to have fun"  Cyndi Lauper  Empty Re: "Girls just want to have fun" Cyndi Lauper

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:24 am

I don't remember those playing fields Val - I'm not quite old enough!Smile
I love the fact that you are keeping today's them of song titles going, and "I've gotta feeling" (black eyed peas) that next week you will "climb every mountain" (sound of music) and put Matlock in their place. Derby asterdale "rule the world"(take that)! I'm going to stop there because my daughter thinks I'm very sad and maybe she's got a point!!Smile xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down