Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nd's V Phenix

Go down

Ladies 2nd's V Phenix Empty Ladies 2nd's V Phenix

Post  Admin Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:17 am

Ladies 2nd's V Phenix

This week saw our Ladies 2nds take on the very physical Phenix to battle for a safe place in the league table. Phenix played a strong attacking game from the start and often rattled DA's defence, however......our ladies were having none of it. we wanted to win this game and by golly were we going to!

With a full squad of 14 lead by captain Gill Howarth, the team were pumped up and ready to go and soon in to the 1st half the score line was opened up by Collette.

Phenix hit back though with a strong break and soon the score was 1-1. This would not deter DA however and a 2nd goal was scored by us taking us back in to the lead. (I think it was Collette again).

Phenix once again hit back and tried to score another but no, no, no....we were not going to let them. Anna Neilson came on and soon made an impact by opening up the forward line, and soon we had our 3rd goal in the back of the net. Finally as we wanted to score as many goals as we could another goal was slotted in to the goal by Helena to make the score 4-1

Phenix, not wanting to lie down came out all guns blazing and managed to pull another goal back bringing the final score to 4-2.

I have to say, I thought our ladies played brilliantly together and showed that they are a team who are truly coming together and are getting stronger and stronger as the season goes on.

Well done girls on this win and keep up the great team spirit.

xx
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down